So. It's been almost a year since I deemed Book One completed forevermore, amen. Then, I revised Chapter One.
But the rest was great, right?
Wrong.
I revised up through the end of Chapter Five in my hard copy yesterday, and discovered that distance is a very good thing. Now I can see all of the unpolished bits, the improbable plotting, the occasional laugh-out-loud bad dialogue that I missed during the course of Summer Hackandslash 2006.
I realize that I'm being a wee bit hard on myself. Overall, I can see the good parts, too. Of course, they just make all the bad bits look a whole lot worse.
Lesson for the day? It is a very good thing to go back and look again. That's why it's called re-vision, folks.
And hey, I'm cutting more words! Woohoo!
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment