Monday, September 17, 2007

Sale!

It's taken me a few days to process this, but on September 11th my short story "The Librarian of Talimbourne" was accepted to Ruins Metropolis, an anthology due out later this year. I have some minor changes to make this week to get the final draft to the editor, but all in all, this is very exciting news! I keep pinching myself; it seems unreal that I will actually be published! Now I suppose I will have to finish the other short story and start sending that out.

In the meantime, I've been working on the YA when I can. I just wish I had more time to really devote to writing right now so I could get the first draft of the YA "in the can" and focus on the revision.

And Viable Paradise approaches. I'm nervous. For now, I'm more stressed out about travel arrangements than anything else. I always wanted to be on The Amazing Race, but without the million dollar prize, the all day flight to Boston, 2-hour bus ride and tight connection to the last ferry of the day doesn't look as appealing. One way or another I'll get there, I suppose. And then it will be magical.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wooooo!! Good for you! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That's terrific.

And try not to worry about the travel. It'll all work out. If you miss the last ferry, there are more in the morning.

I look forward to seeing you and Julia next week.

Dorothy