Tuesday, June 05, 2007

How Depressing

I finished typing in all of the writing I'd done in the notebook, proving yet again that when I write by hand, I feel incredibly productive and powerful, yet manage to create much less writing than when I compose on the computer. My "Woohoo! I wrote 12 pages today. 12! I totally ROCK!" became "1011 words? Really? That's it?" Not to mention that 1011 words isn't nearly 12 pages when typed and double-spaced. Not even with a big fancy font.

I'm trying to turn it around. "1011 words! That's 1011 more than I had the day before I wrote them!" Or, "Hey! If I wrote 1011 words a day, I'd have my novel done in about 52 more days!"

It's not working.

The bottom line is, I need to write every day. 1011 words or not. I have all kinds of excuses for not doing so that I will not bore cyberspace with right now, but I know what I need to do.

"Progress:"

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
13,638 / 65,000
(21.0%)

No comments: