Today I really hate the USPS.
I'm not good at waiting, which is why the whole publication process, in general, is very frustrating. What is even more frustrating is having to wait longer than I should to know whether or not I've been accepted to Viable Paradise.
This is where the USPS comes in.
Had they correctly delivered my application packet the first time I sent it, at the beginning of April, I would be receiving my acceptance/rejection this week. However, now, not only have they just received my second packet, I am also certain that my chances of being accepted at all are greatly diminished.
Honestly, I'm good enough at self-sabotage without the USPS helping me out.
Meanwhile, I am also waiting on another level. I am waiting to "download" the next installment of the YA novel so that I can write it. In other words, I have no idea what happens next. Today, in a fit of whimsy, I considered having one of my two main characters slip and fall off the roof and die. That would certainly move the story! However, it would move it in a completely wrong direction and necessitate the introduction of a totally new character to fill in for this one, so I decided to just close the blank notebook page and go shopping instead.
So, I'm three tank tops, three new t-shirts, and a little sundress closer to knowing what happens next in the story.
It's better than just sitting around, waiting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment