Okay. It's crunch time. Writer's Weekend is approaching, and I have not been a good girl about getting my work done. There have been too many distractions of late, but as I am determined to keep this a blog about my writing and NOT life in general, I won't mention them. I will only say that three weeks is not enough time for a fourth grader to completely write and illustrate a 26 paragraph ABC book about California.
My Book One Chapter One is driving me nutty, so today I decided to revise it again. I ended up taking it apart completely and patching it back together again. I've eliminated some information completely, which I don't really miss so I don't imagine the reader will, either, and I added other little bits of genius that I hope will make better transitions. I moved other bits of information around so completely that I don't even remember where they used to be.
I'm so confused!
In the end, I'm at least a page shorter than the last draft, which was a bit shorter than the previous draft, which means I'm down some words (very, very good, for Book One). I'm also trying, perhaps unsuccessfully, to match the Good Writing to the Mediocre Writing.
The only thing I'm sure of is that this is driving me absolutely, certifiably, nuts.
Whatever. This is the sucky part of writing. I'm going to work on the YA novel tonight just to make myself feel productive.
Shout out: happy birthday, Ginger P.!
Friday, June 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment